TO Book A wedding
I am delighted that you would like to be married in one of our churches.
Where you may be married is governed by English Law.
To be married in any particular church you must be able to show that you have a connection with that church.
You have a connection if one of you:
- lives in the parish
- is on the church's electoral roll
- has at any time lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months
- has habitually attended normal church services in the parish church for a period of at least 6 months
- was baptised in the parish
- was prepared for confirmation in the parish
Or, one of your parents; at any time after they were born:
- has lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months
- has at any time habitually attended normal church services in the parish church for a period of at least 6 months
Or, one of your parents or grandparents:
- was married in the parish.
- you have been granted a Special Licence (to learn more about Special Licenses please call me on 01434 600268)
If you fulfil any one of these connections then I am pleased to say that you may be married in One of our churches. If you are unsure about whether or not you fiulfill a connection then please ring me to discuss it further. To make the necessary arrangements please either complete the contact form or ring me on 01434 600268.
If either of you has been divorced and your previous spouse is still living you may still be able to be married in church. I would be very happy to discuss this further with you. Please ring me on 01434 600268 to arrange for us to meet for an informal chat.
A very useful resource to help you think about the details and the process of getting married in one of our churches can be found at www.yourchurchwedding.org there is a link to this website on our links page.